Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Fire Damage Restoration in Morris County, NJ
Regardless of the extent of your fire damage in New Jersey, SERVPRO of Morristown can provide expert fire damage cleanup in Morris County 24/7. Our immediate response prevents further damages to your property.
Our team of highly trained and certified fire restoration specialists in Morris County understand the whirlwind of emotions after a fire, and work hard to make the recovery process as stress-free as possible. The team at SERVPRO of Morristown will guide you throughout the entire fire restoration process and address all questions or concerns.
With over 14 years of experience restoring homes and businesses after fire damage in Morris County, NJ - You can trust SERVPRO of Morristown to make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
Complete Fire Damage Cleanup Services in Morris County
When you need fire damage cleanup in New Jersey, SERVPRO of Morristown can handle everything from securing your property to making major renovations.
Smoke Odor Removal
Fire Damage Repairs
Flood Damage Cleanup From Firefighting Efforts
Common Fire Damage Restoration Scenarios
- House Fires
- Grease Fires
- Furnace Puffbacks
- Wildfire Smoke
- Cigarette Smoke Odors
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (973) 739-9999
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.