Morristown Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO Professionals are prepared to respond to your call.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning - 800-734-3213
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the specialists at SERVPRO of Morristown today!
What Do I Do When My Basement Floods?
That's a lot of water! Our crews extracted all flood water in this basement within 3 hours. That's a fast flooded basement cleanup!
Walking downstairs and finding that your basement flooded is an unpleasant surprise for any homeowner. Water in your basement may affect family heirlooms, couches, electronics, carpets and more, leaving most overwhelmed and unsure of where to start. Don’t worry - we’ll walk you through the steps of a flooded basement cleanup!
8 Things To Do When Your Basement Floods
- Don’t immediately enter a flooded crawlspace or basement. If there is a large amount of standing water in your basement, turn the power and gas off before entering - and be sure it’s safe to enter before you do. If you don’t know how to turn off the power or the circuit breaker is in your basement, call an electrician to help.
- Wear rain boots and gloves to clean. Flood water may be contaminated, especially if from a sewer backup, heavy rains, or sources like rivers and streams. If the water is past your shins, chest waders may be needed as well. If your basement has this much water, we would recommend calling in flooded basement cleanup specialists who are equipped to handle major flooding, like SERVPRO of Morristown.
- Find the source of the flooding. If the water in your basement is caused by rainwater, wait until the storm passes and water stops entering before starting the water removal process. If the basement flooding is caused by a burst pipe, your furnace or water heater letting go, or any other faulty appliance, turn off your water immediately. This will help prevent further flooding.
- Check to see if basement floor drains are clogged and if your sump pump is working. Sump pumps help send ground water away from your home - but if it’s broken, it’s likely the cause of your flooding and it won’t be able to help drain any water! If floor drains are clogged, try your best to clear them to help drain water.
- Start removing and extracting water from the basement. For moderate flooding and puddles, you can try and use wet/dry shop vacs, utilize your sump pump, or go old-school with a bucket and mop. If there’s a large amount of standing water that you have to wade through, it’s best to call a flood removal company to help. SERVPRO of Morristown can quickly remove all the water from your basement in a matter of hours using our specialized equipment.
- Begin drying EVERYTHING out! Remove wet and water damaged belongings and decide if they can be saved. Set up fans, dehumidifiers and open windows to help dry out your basement. If there was a lot of water, household equipment may not be able to get the job done. SERVPRO of Morristown uses high grade equipment that will be able to quickly and thoroughly dry your basement, and ensure no moisture is left behind.
- Clean and sanitize all basement walls and floors! Your basement may be dried out, but depending on its source, the flood water may have been dirty or contaminated. Dirty or contaminated sources of water include sewage overflows or water from streams or rivers. Cleaning and sanitizing also helps prevent mold and mildew growth once water is gone.
- Make a plan to prevent flooding in the future. If your sump pump failed, a pipe burst, or an inadequate drainage system caused your basement to flood, be sure to get the problem fixed to prevent the same thing from happening again. If your basement is generally prone to flooding, it’s best to also take out appliances like washing machines and water heaters so they aren’t affected in the future, or put them on cement blocks so they’re not submerged when water is in your basement.
What Causes Basements to Flood?
There’s many different reasons for flooded or wet basements. Basement flooding is usually caused by insufficient drainage around basement walls, heavy rains bringing in rainwater through cracks in the foundation, failing sump pumps, clogged floor drains, burst pipes, or a combination of these factors. Luckily, there are solutions to many of these problems, such as investing in better drainage systems, changing where water runs off from your home, or waterproofing your basement.
When Should You Call A Professional To Help Cleanup Your Flooded Basement?
If the water in your basement is several feet deep or more, you should call a professional flooded basement cleanup company like SERVPRO of Morristown. We are leaders in the water damage restoration industry have the knowledge and resources necessary to quickly remove water, dry, clean, and sanitize your basement. If reconstruction is needed, we can help there too!
SERVPRO of Morristown provides all customers:
Have Questions or Need Help? Call SERVPRO of Morristown Today! 800-734-3213
7 Things To Know For A Burst Pipe Cleanup in Morristown
2 pipes burst in the attic of this home causing water damage to ceilings, hardwood floors, and carpets throughout the house.
You come home after a long day at work ready to relax and watch TV…. Until you head into your basement and find it ankle deep in water from a burst pipe that poured out water all day!
A burst pipe can be a nightmare for any homeowner. Will the damage be covered by insurance? Who are you supposed to call for help? Can you clean up the mess yourself? What should you do first? Don’t worry – we’ll answer all your questions in a second.
7 Things To Do When You Find A Burst Pipe:
- Turn off your water supply. If the leak is located near any electrical appliances, make sure the power is also shut off before you start cleaning.
- Call a plumber. You’re going to need help fixing the pipe that burst.
- Remove wet furniture, carpets or any personal belongings from the rooms that were flooded. Wait until later to see if they’re salvageable – you have a few other problems to solve first.
- Begin removing any standing water as fast as possible. If there’s only puddles, try to use towels and mop the water up. If there’s more water, you might want to consider buying a wet-dry shop vac to remove the water.
- Dry out the affected area. Use fans on their highest settings and set up dehumidifiers to try and completely dry the area. If there was a significant amount of water, household fans and dehumidifiers may not be able to completely dry the room.
- If you find that water has absorbed into the subfloor, drywall, carpeting, or cabinets, the best next step would be to contact a professional water damage restoration company, like SERVPRO of Morristown. Restoration companies use moisture readers and professional grade drying equipment to ensure your home has been properly dried to prevent future mold growth or structural deterioration.
- If needed, restore and rebuild the water damaged area. You may need to paint, install new floor, carpet or cabinets, or deeply clean the affected area.
Why should I make sure to properly dry out water-damaged areas?
If you don’t properly mitigate water damage, a few issues may result. Check out our “water damage timeline” for more details.
- Mold and mildew can begin to grow and spread around your home in as little as 48 hours.
- Paint begins to bubble and blister
- Wood flooring may swell and warp.
- Over time, if major water damage is left unmitigated it can cause serious structural safety issues and drive up restoration and reconstruction costs.
Are Burst Water Pipes Covered by My Homeowners Insurance?
Generally, the damage from a burst pipe will be covered by your homeowners insurance as it is a sudden and unforeseen loss. You will have to show that the damage in your home came from the burst pipe, and that you weren’t responsible for the pipe bursting in the first place (For example, neglecting to repair an old and corroded pipe may result in your claim being denied – as you could have fixed the issue beforehand).
If you’re unsure about your coverage, call your insurance agent and ask them.
SERVPRO of Morristown can also help guide you through the insurance process. Our First Responders can review your insurance on site, tell you if your loss will be covered, and the best ways to file your claim to ensure it isn’t denied.
Have Questions or Need Help? Call SERVPRO of Morristown For Burst Pipe Cleanup & Repair 800-734-3213
We are highly trained water removal and cleanup specialists and are ready to service your Morristown area home when flooding or water leaks cause water damage.
SERVPRO of Morristown provides all customers:
Don’t wait for water damage to get worse. Call 800-734-3213 to speak with our on-call technicians now!
Deep Floor Cleaning in Morristown
Floors looking like this? Give us a call!
Sometimes life gets messy. Drinks are spilled, dirt builds up in air ducts, and hard to reach places build up with grime. When the mess becomes too much for you or regular cleaning service, SERVPRO of Morristown can help.
A local business called us in to clean the grime off of laminate floors in a large room, which was also covered in a film of aerosol spray from a contractor. To be able to clean the dirt from the floor, we first had to get through the residue covering the entire floor! But, as you can see in the photo, our crews had no trouble completely cleaning the floor of all residues beyond the owner's expectations. They'll be sure to call us again for any commercial cleaning needs!
Our Residential and Commercial Cleaning Services Include:
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Drapes and Blinds
- Air Duct & HVAC Cleaning
- Odor Removal
- Sewage & Biohazard Cleanup
- Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Vandalism Cleanup
We have the expertise and resources to make any dirt, dust, graffiti or grime "Like it never even happened." Give us a call to schedule an appointment today!
Causes of Water Damage
The discoloration on this ceiling is due to water damage from above.
What are the causes of water damage? Well, water damage comes in many shapes and sizes; some that are easy to identify and others that are not. Knowing the common causes of water damage can help prevent damage to your home. The earlier you can identify water damage, the less work will have to be done by a water damage restoration company to restore your home. This minimizes cost and time displaced from your home or business due to repairs.
Causes of Water Damage Include:
Leaking or Burst Pipes
Leaking or burst pipes are common causes of water damage. These issues can come from changes in water pressure, temperature changes, or the deterioration of old pipes. In the winter, uninsulated pipes can also freeze and burst.
These kind of water damage issues can be hard to detect until there is clear water damage on your walls or ceilings since pipes and hoses are usually hidden within walls. Keep an eye out on your water bill and periodically check for leaks under sinks, toilets, and around showers to find possible plumbing issues that can cause water damage.
Old or Worn Household Appliances
Did you know the average washing machine supply hose fails after just 8.7 years, and 75% of water heaters fail within 12 years? The hoses on these appliances should be changed when you can see any sort of wear to prevent them cracking and leaking everywhere in your home. Look out for all of your other appliances which have water hookups as well, like refrigerators with ice makers.
HVAC units are also a common cause of water damage. When not maintained, moisture can build up creating not only water damage, but space for mold and mildew to grow and spread around your home.
Clogs in drain lines or heavy rains can cause sewage to backup into your home through floor drains, toilets, and sinks. This type of water damage should absolutely be handled by water damage specialists to correctly decontaminate, sanitize, and restore rooms affected by sewage water.
Now that you know several major causes of water damage in home and businesses, you can prevent unmitigated damages to your home. But, if disaster strikes, call SERVPRO of Morristown with any water damage issues.
No job is too big – we have the experience and resources necessary to restore your home to pre-damage conditions
We’re open 24/7 and waiting for your call. 800-734-3213
Fire Damage Restoration in Morristown
Don't let fire damage devastate your home. Give us a call to restore your home to pre-fire condition.
A fire can be devastating for your home or business.
After the fire is out, you may be left with multiple areas of damage. The fire may have compromised the structure of the building, soot and smoke damage can effect walls and furniture, and you may face water damage from putting the fire out.
So, where do you start after the flames are out?
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of Morristown can restore your property back to pre-fire condition. We specialize in fire and water damage remediation and restoration. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with fire or water damage to help lessen the damage, limit further damage, and reduce restoration costs.
We’re open 24/7, 365 days a year to respond to your call. Don’t wait if you have fire damage, call today.
First Annual Coat Drive in Morristown
Overall, we were able to give 13 boxes of winter coats to shelters this past holiday season!
This year, SERVPRO of Morristown started its first annual coat drive for homeless shelters in our area!
On our very first year, we exceeded our monetary goal of $500 and we were able to collect over 80 coats. All together, using the monetary donations and the physical donations, we were able to donate 120 coats to local shelters in the area! Donations ranged from children's coats to both men and women's jackets.
The contributions we received this year were absolutely amazing. Thank you to all of our generous donors for contributing to our first annual coat drive!
If you missed out on donating - no worries! We will be sure to get the word out for our second annual coat drive next year.
SERVPRO of Morristown, NJ
Call SERVPRO of Morristown with ANY restoration needs!
If you have to choose a restoration company, it’s best to choose one that deals with ALL sorts of issues.
If you have water damage, you also want a company that can handle mold damage, or document restoration. Damage possibilities are endless so you need a company that can help with everything! SERVPRO of Morristown is that restoration company.
Here’s a helpful list of services we provide so when you’re choosing a company, you can make the easy decision.
- Fire, Smoke, & Soot Cleaning and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Sewage Removal, Cleaning, and Restoration
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs and Content Restoration
- Electronics and Equipment Cleaning and Restoration
- Document Drying and Restoration
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Full Service Cleaning
- Insured and Licensed Full Contracting Services
Call us today!
What is a Puff Back?
Pictured above is soot from a puff back coming out of a vent.
A puff back is a misfire in your furnace.
The issue is that a puff back can send soot throughout your home through your vents. If you wake up one morning and find soot coming out of your vents, covering your curtains, walls, and furniture – it’s likely that you’re experiencing the consequences of a furnace puff back.
Puff backs can also occur over time without you immediately noticing.
Every time your furnace ignites and misfires, it can send a small amount of soot through your vents which may slowly accumulate in your vents and around your home.
Puff backs can damage your home because:
1) The furnace is misfiring, and needs to be serviced
2) Your home may become covered in soot – and you are breathing it in as well!
If you experience a puff back this winter, call SERVPRO of Morristown to clean your home of all soot.
We are open 24/7 for emergency service!
Winter Storm Damage and Your Business in Morristown
Prepare your Morristown business for any winter storm damage!
When winter weather hits, it can lead to property damage, employee injury, and possible business closures. Preparing your business beforethe storm is the best way to protect your property and minimize any storm damages.
If you take these steps, your business will be able to more quickly recover from a storm damage loss.
Steps To Take Before A Winter Storm:
- Establish shelter locations on your property. If a winter storm suddenly hits, you need a space with enough room for all employees and any customers that may be in your business.
- Stock shelter with emergency supplies. Flashlights, batteries, fire aid, food, blankets - you know the drill!
- Determine any essential equipment or processes that rely on electrical power. Organize an emergency power source for these items.
- Determine a back-up heating source if power goes out. Use heating sources in well-ventilated rooms to avoid carbon monoxide buildup.
- Install smoke and CO2 detectors. Test them monthly and replace batteries twice a year.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and assets for your business in case of a loss. Insurance will need this information!
If you find yourself facing storm or water damage after a winter storm, call SERVPRO of Morristown!
We are open 24/7, 365 days a year. We work with your insurance (so you don't have to!) and provide all customers with free estimates.