Whippany, NJ Mold Damage Remediation
Mold Removal in Whippany, NJ
When you find mold in your home, you want help from a professional mold remediation company in Whippany, NJ. With over 15 years of experience in mold inspection, mold removal, and mold remediation in Whippany, NJ - The certified professionals at SERVPRO of Morristown are Here to Help!
Our Whippany, NJ Mold Remediation Services:
Free Mold Inspection & Mold Cleanup Estimate
Basement Mold Removal
Attic Mold Removal
Crawlspace Mold Removal
Mold Remediation After Water Damage
Signs of Mold
Knowing the signs of mold can help prevent the need for extensive mold removal services in Whippany, New Jersey.
- Strong, musty odors in your Morris County home may indicate mold.
- Water damage or water leaks. If there's water stains, discoloration on walls, or bubbling & cracking paint, you may have water damage in your home. This creates the perfect, moist environment for mold to grow in Morris County, New Jersey.
- Past flooding or storm damage. If your home has experienced flooding, mold may become an issue.
- Persistent health effects. If you feel that you are having health effects that could be a reaction to mold, but have no visible mold or other allergens in your home, consider having mold testing done.
- Visible mold. There's many types of mold in New Jersey that are different colors, sizes, and may grow in different ways.
Read our Mold Damage Tips to see what to do until help arrives.
SERVPRO of Morristown
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (973) 739-9999
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because it’s impossible to remove all mold from a house or business; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Morristown is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Whippany residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Morristown, NJ
- Madison, NJ
- New Vernon, NJ
- Gillette, NJ
- Millington, NJ
- Stirling, NJ
- Whippany, NJ
- East Hanover, NJ
- Cedar Knolls, NJ
- Morris Township, NJ
- Hanover Township, NJ
- Florham Park, NJ
- Chatham Borough, NJ
- Chatham Township, NJ
- Green Village, NJ
- Harding, NJ
- Long Hill Township, NJ
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property. Learn about our water damage training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (973) 739-9999
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Whippany, NJ home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold, using a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Whippany, NJ, SERVPRO of Morristown is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (973) 739-9999 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.