Water Damage Restoration in New Jersey
When flooding strikes our local area in Morristown, New Jersey, lives can be disrupted and homes may experience water damage.
Important warnings about water damage in New Jersey:
• Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on!
• Do not use electrical appliances while on wet surfaces.
• Do not use an ordinary vacuum to remove water.
• Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help.
Help minimize additional water damage and costs by following these steps:
After experiencing water damage:
• Use fans to circulate the air and assist drying,
• Use dehumidifiers if available,
• Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting,
• Wipe furniture dry,
• Lift draperies off carpet, loop through a coat hanger, and place the hanger on the drapery rod,
• Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place small wood blocks under furniture legs,
• Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings,
• Open furniture drawers, closet doors and luggage to enhance drying,
• Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location,
• Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature,
• Do not remove damp books from shelves. Leave tight to prevent pages from rippling,
• Control interior temperatures with heat or air conditioning. Keep interior temperatures between 70º and 80º.